Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fundamentalism and Simplicity

Because I regard the Proverbs as part of God's inspired word and more to be followed than the latest sociological journal I am branded by my responder as fundamentalist and simplistic. He instead refers to Jesus' words (as if Jesus will be in direct contradiction with his own book) and that this somehow the trumps the Old Testament---I believe this was the Marcion heresy that said that the Old Testament was not to be heeded. To these notions of fundamentalism and simplicity I readily and proudly accept in their original meanings.


Thus, I answer:
Why should it not then be fundamentalist to take Jesus' words seriously? I sure am glad I am simple minded regarding the Scriptures. I seem to recall Jesus, yes, Jesus saying, Unless you become like little children. Surely such little beings aren't sophisticated in their reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home