Saturday, March 26, 2011

Little Acts of Chivalry

I think it is all related. And you are right that there is not a knowledge but also not a will and courage for such chivalry these days. But I would add that there is just as much a need for women to see how modern philosophies have crept into the woman's head and heart and influenced her to try and be man-like. This unfortunately has influenced men to treat women as men. It is such a modern mess! As I said, giving a seat is a small act but as Wordsworth said, it is in the little acts of kindnesses...(I unfortunately forget the exact quote---it is from one of his poems) in which are the acts of love (I believe this is the gist of his thought). Anyhow, I'd have to say we both, men and women alike, have been fed a good deal of bad ideas from modern sociology rather than listening with humble hearts to God's way for man and woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home