Saturday, May 18, 2013

Uncle John

Yesterday was my uncle's birthday. He was so much fun to be with. This gentle man could tell a joke and begin laughing before it was told and that was part of the infection of it. I don't know what it was: timing, or just some innate sense of humor that made whatever joke he told (always a wholesome one) just about the funniest thing you ever heard. None of the comedian celebrities could even come close to him. And music...he could play the piano (always in F sharp) by ear---and his timing was just the same for the humor and the delicate play of notes. I tried keeping up on the fiddle having to tune down from G a half step. That is a memory I'm glad I have. Resquesciat in pace, Uncle John.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home