Tuesday, September 24, 2013

the black cat has begun the habit...

Well the black cat has begun the habit of calling in at unpredictable night hours. Last night she came by at 2 am with very urgent meows to be let in for some friskees. Once fed and a short nap decided I must awake and let her out at half past three deciding that pawing the windows (to save the screens I had to shut the windows not from the cold but from the cat) which alerted my half alert mind to snap awake once again and let the cat out. Then at 5 am before I could successfully drift either into dream or nightmare, at an hour that precedes the sun, I must rise again at the urgent pleas at my window. Evidently there wasn't enough mice or meadow voles or sleepy sparrows to feed her---she must have more friskees---what is in those little nuggets that makes them more delectable than steak tips I don't know. So I have relegated my next days to living off of hardly a wink, even the slightest flickering of an eyelash of REM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home