Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Black Cat Saga

Well, the saga continues. When I arrived last night she was waiting for me. I let her in and soon discovered that one of the principle reasons for choosing my house was that Max, a male cat, lived across the street. Midnight (as I have tentatively called her) wanted to get out in a very bad way. Climbing the walls (literally, where I'll have to do a little spackling repair to the wall leading to a high window) and seeking to claw her way through the screens---I ended up around 4 am---she was quite anxious about Max---to lash the bathroom door shut with a guitar strap which was all I could find at 4 am. I suppose I could have let her out but I wanted to protect her from being an unwed mother---well, she eventually quieted down at sunrise. I had planned on taking her with collar and leash to the park on this beautiful morning but she would have nothing to do with that---she wriggled out of the collar as deftly as a feline Houdini and bound off for parts unknown. I wonder if the solitary confinement will keep her from returning tonight. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home