Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Removing of Princess from Your Daughter

A new website for tweens and teens presents alternatives to 'princess' for your daughter. Instead others are suggested as being more conducive and less limiting to the dignity of the new girl: "warrior" curiously heads the list, a typical manly characteristic. Isn't it worthy of note that we seek (by the new propaganda) to blur girlhood and boyhood? After all aren't they merely societal constructs? Who then, may I ask, in this new societal paradigm, is the noble boy to rescue and protect?

1 Comments:

At November 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM , Blogger RuthMarie said...

I appreciate what you're saying. I would add that the term princess for me brings up images of the spoiled girl in a household who can do no wrong. I want my daughter to know she is a child of the one true King, and therefore a princess, but also to be a warrior for the cause of Christ. I'm not sure how that translates into my parenting.
Also, I want to raise my son to be a man of God who can create a safe place for the women in his world to be all God has called them to be.
I agree that our culture is very dangerously blurring the lines. It only creates more insecurities in both men and women.
There is a battle waging within me as I seek to follow Jesus and use the Bible as the sufficient authority on how to live this life. This week is definitely a tough one in this war for sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home