Monday, March 10, 2014

The Glorious Inequality II

The whole point is that we have been seduced by the term. Elisabeth Elliot coined "the glorious inequality". I think we err in seeing this as somehow denigrating women as inferior. This is the seduction. God made us with these glorious inequalities that has nothing to do with inferiority or superiority. I like what my friend Connie says (who's very happily married by the way, and quite glad she is a woman): "I am a stronger woman than my husband and he is a stronger man than I." The whole point of the comparison between the oak and the rose is just this: that the inequality or lack of sameness is not a matter of inferiority or superiority. The oak is better at being a tree and the rose is better at being a flower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home