Thursday, February 18, 2016

First Thoughts on the Untimely Death of Antonin Scalia

It could be me and my increasing sceptism, nay cynicism, concerning our government that the first thing I thought on hearing of the death of Antonin Scalia was "I wonder how he died?" This was euphemistically translated from "How was he done in?" I believe that some of the things that made me think something was rotten in the state of Denmark: 1. Simply the fact that here was the conservative kingpin constitutionalist on the Court. 2. An election year with the right party in power to decide a new justice, certainly much more favorable than Scalia. 3. No sign of the Justice's ill health had been in the media 4. The unusual fact that no one in the sensationalist main stream media suggested even the possibilityof foul play. Well, all this to say, I wouldn't mind one bit to have Columbo walk onto the scene. "There's just one thing that's been bothering me..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home