Friday, November 17, 2017

Facebook Caution

One can't be too careful these days. So there were a few posts here on facebook I really liked and you know there is that one emoticon of the heart. Well I am no way neurotic about Big Brother (or now I guess one could say in lieu of the harassment accusations "Big Sister") of betraying my likes or loves out in the open. I don't think it's neurotic at all in being cautious in using the heart emoticon. Just makes common sense in our current Scarlet Letter culture. And come to think of it even the 'like' button might be too 'revealing' (I even hesitate to use this word). And don't think I'm going to the realm of extreme paranoia in not ever using the 'angry' emoticon. You use that and chances are very good you go into the database. And because I haven't always been so wise in refusing to use these emoticons that can, I know, be used against me, I've been having recurrent anxiety. I had thought of running for the high office of school committee but I'm afraid to keep my sanity and the instantaneous infamy I will already bow out. I really have to as I do believe I have liked a past post in favor of the 10 Commandments being a good rule for life, and I do believe I might have even 'liked' a few posts which weren't as tolerant and diverse as they could have been. So you can see it is the most prudent choice to withdraw my name that I trust isn't too damaged already. Oh, maybe not for I tilt my head and I can hear the accusations already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home