Tuesday, November 7, 2017

My Cousin, Dear Soul

Our family has just had a great loss. My cousin, Laurie, was a dear soul and loved God and one of my favorite memories of her is that I was traveling through South Carolina and visited her in Greenwood where she was doing some religious work and we enjoyed long conversations about God. It seemed we couldn't exhaust our enthusiasm for Him. Another long ago memory was I remember my Gramma would often remark how 'little Laurie' came for a visit when she was very little. It was winter and there was so much snow that only her stocking hat could be seen bobbing over the snow banks when she came for a visit all on her own. I'm also thankful that my cousin, Shirley her sister, and her best friend, Doreen, got to see her before she passed away. Enjoy the embrace of our Lord, dear Laurie. His perpetual Light was what you were in love with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home