Saturday, December 30, 2017

My Barricaded Mind

I wish to open up this barricaded mind of mine. It has barricaded itself with insulation against the one degree temperatures that I felt seeping in this morning. I will remove insulation, I will unplug the drafts, I will open doors and windows to the globally warming winds coming down from the Arctic. The only reason I have been hesitant is that I haven't seen my settled science friends stop their habit of starting their gas guzzling SUVs many minutes before they enter. That is too many minutes of carbon footprint. Don't they realize that that many minutes multiplied among the million SUVs in the northern latitudes would make quite a forestalling of the climate apocalypse that looms over us? And also I would mention the still steady use of air conditioners humming away in the summer months even in my seacoast town that has a stiff breeze off the Atlantic, and surely doesn't need artificially cooled air to keep us from overly perspiring. And then I also notice that settled sciencers still use dryers to dry their clothes instead of letting the June and July and August sun to dry them on a clothesline. In case you've noticed clotheslines have not made a comeback as you would expect, but have conversely really become an extinct species or at the least terribly endangered. Another thing that makes me hesitate in opening my barricaded mind has been the lack of climate bunkers. But I supposed most of all is the fact that the settled sciencers seem to pay so much attention to such superficial concerns as southern statues, Russian collusion, harassment claims, Trump tweets, transgender pronoun linguistics, obesity among teens, and on and on. I mean with the globe herself being on such temperature teetering axis with water levels about to engulf us on the East coast all the way to the Green Mountains in the North and the Blue Ridge in the South, doesn't it seem a bit odd that we would be so obsessed with how many calories there is in a crispy creme, or the grams of trans fat in a big Mac? this is what, I must confess, keeps me with my closed barricaded mind against the irrefutably settled science of global (brrrr!) warming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home