Saturday, March 24, 2018

Omnibus Lamentation

Dear Mr. President: I am only a laymen in the pews and though there is no way that you will ever read this, I must nonetheless express disappointment in this omnibus bill. I think I share many of my fellow conservatives' view that such a bill will only increase massive government; I understand you were concerned about the military. But what I would argue is that more important than planes, tanks, and infantry is to have the favor of the Almighty on this country. A constant theme in the Good Book is that the Children of Israel and Judah didn't do so well when they abandoned God. Though I applaud you for, in many ways, orienting this country toward God I think that signing a bill that gives 500 million (anything over a cent is too much) to Planned Parenthood (should it rather be called Planned Un-parenthood?) is something in which vetoes any blessing God can give to this country. Of course there are many other expenditures that seem quite foolhardy and part of the agenda of the Left to make the United States a Globalist rather than a sovereign nation. Not to mention the economic fact that we are in a little debt----thus, how is it we can be so free in our altruism? It escapes me and seems to contradict everything I learned in Economics 101. Nonetheless it is the line item to PP that really transgresses what this country used to stand for.
The other thing that is quite detrimental to this omnibus decision is the fact that you threatened not signing it and then capitulating. This is analogous to a parent saying, "No ice cream until you have finished the broccoli on the plate" and the child in open defiance leaves the broccoli untouched and gets not only the ice cream but an extra large helping and then being told, "I really don't like the fact that you didn't eat the broccoli and I won't ever give you ice cream again when the broccoli is untouched." If I were the child I wouldn't believe my parent ever again. I would no longer respect him carrying through with his word. This seems to me a lamentable loss of authority that plays right into the hands of those that will seek to manipulate you the rest of the way. All this being said, and though I still support you, the vigor and zeal has departed my spirit over the swamp being drained. I expect instead it will spread to the point where no dry ground will be left for a citizen to walk across, and Making America Great Again was only ever the most gratuitous illusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home