Wednesday, April 17, 2019

One of the Great Strengths of My Dad

One of the great strengths of my dad was his unwillingness to be a man of the times, a man that was swayed by fashion. It didn't matter so much that the idea was old but that it was true. He was stubborn for truth that way. I really believe he had the strength of mind to withstand a novelty even if the whole world believed it as long as he held that it was contrary to the truth, the truth that for him did not lose its luster just because of age. I like to think I have just a little of this solidity. In my father there was a lot of the boy in Hans Christian Andersen's "The Emperor's New Clothes". He would tell the emperor what so many were afraid to.
Dad, may you rest in the peace of Christ. Requiescat in pace Christi. 15 April 2019

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home