Thursday, June 27, 2019

Linguistic Novelties at the Democrat Debate

I wonder what exciting linguistic novelties will be in store for the second half of the democrat double header. Will one Beto-like break out into spontaneous Swahili? Or suddenly perhaps it will be Bernie who will boldly proclaim in perfect Russian how he would wish the rich would pay reparations for all the poor, or that the obscene capitalists would voluntary unload all their wealth so as to lesson their singularly cavernous carbon footprints? Or Joe Biden may suddenly mumble something in Gaelic about how he has always really been for the Hyde Amendment. I just can't wait. I will have many lexicons ready for the hour of linguistic dexterity. I guess if I was to choreograph it: at the climax of the debate I'd have each one of these candidates break into tongues...glossolalia rolling off the tongues as pleasant as you please. Perhaps the glossolalia would be all about reproductive justice. I wonder if the Great Judge knows about all this justice stuff? (doesn't it seem that each week "justice" acquires a new modifier?). One thing is for sure: we can be assured we'll need access to a Rosetta Stone for there will be, I predict, some godly glossolalia in all sincerity and without even one disingenuous syllable. That is how the Holy Spirit speaks to those who give themselves over to Him as the Democrats no doubt have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home