Saturday, September 21, 2019

Climate Change Should Correct Our Lifestyles

Climate change. Once known as global warming. Somehow we even now hear about climate justice. Not simply justice, but climate justice. Well. I'm starting to get it. The only thing is that I would think my fellow Climate Justice Warriors should be selling their SUVs in favor of smart cars, or even keep to their bicycles because of how fast the planet is heating up. But I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit to having a doubt creep in when I see such Climate Justice Advocates like the Obamas purchasing a 15 million dollar oceanfront mansion on Martha's Vineyard which should be one of the first great inundations of the climate flood. And the great oceanographer, Al Gore, who got so many, even the Pope, to see that Climate Change was one of the foremost concerns of our present world keep his 40 room mansion in lieu of a more climate friendly wigwam. One just wonders why there wasn't a commandment about climate justice on the tablets of Moses. Anyhow, I am glad that we will now be listening with magisterial obedience to the UN concerning this urgency. But the only thing is my fellow climatized citizens don't seem to be tossing out their air conditioners and recycling their smart phones---every little bit of saved energy helps! This is something I would think would be a given, especially seeing that the existence of our mother earth is at stake.
And what is most disconcerting is that when I tried to dissuade the buyer of an oceanfront property right across from me of the great foolishness of their purchase they looked at me with an incredulous look. And when further mentioned to my now new neighbors the SUVs in their driveway as being most ecologically insensitive and that the central air that they no doubt had, not to mention dish washers and dryers and washing machines (they had no clotheslines outside the house) were creating a carbon footprint unnecessarily substantial, my neighbors seemed to regard me as a climate crank. But think of it: only 12 more years! Certainly one must be concerned this hastening of the probability of polar bears having to find their little islands of ice shrink to nothing but ice cubes. Therefore I am in a quandary: I don't see all those who hold such a settled science as Climate Change holding it as dogmatically as it seems the dogma requires. As a result, my faith is growing feeble in the settled science being not as settled as I was catechized to believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home