Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Preference

 I am in a quandary. I have an ice cream preference but after Senator Feinstein's enlightenment on the latest evolution of the language I have to reconsider carefully my language. After all the number one offense in our tolerant culture is to offend. So how do I state my ah, preference (for want of better, more enlightened, more sensitive word) for mint chocolate chip ice cream over vanilla? I heard and have no reason to doubt that due to the important and authoritative (perhaps authoritarian) stature of Miss Feinstein Merriam Webster went right out and changed his dictionary. So you can see that I too must bow to the latest language boundaries so as to make my words weak enough that they won't assault the ears of any of those who have come to the finest distinctions in derogatory dissing. And yes, most certainly such a word as preference does have that sound of goosestepping fascists in it I have finally come to see. It does behoove one with our current Scribes and Pharisees to be submissive and compliant when it comes to such a tortuous four letter word as preference. How could I have been so callous all these years to have ever preferred anything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home