Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Coming Cyclone Bomb

The media are calling what is coming as a "Cyclone Bomb". Is this different than a blizzard? Do we feel the need to hype things so much that the old fashioned word just won't engage our attention anymore? The dictionary is changing faster than I can keep up with. "Cyclone bomb" makes me think I should have acquired sand bags for my house. I should have fortified my fortress a little more than I have. Armed turrets maybe? Anyhow, I am curious as to what this latest Armageddon may mean. Of course a few years ago, "Snow Armageddon" was coined. So this time it will be, I guess, an explosive device that the heavens itself will set off? I guess "storm" isn't flamboyant enough these days to get us to notice the coming blitzkrieg of an old fashioned blizzard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home