Wednesday, May 2, 2018

A Comediene's Cold Water on My Face

Michelle Wolf: "Abortion. Don't knock it till you tried it. And when you do try it really knock it. You got to get that baby out of there." 

I just wonder where all the Left's self righteous puritans have gone? I got the feeling that they were turning the corner and weren't teaching as they used to when I went to college that morality was a social construct and was meaningless in a sexually liberated world. I had almost thought because they keep telling me by their signs, "Love Thy Neighbor" and "No Place For Hate" and "Hate Doesn't Live Here" that they really started reading the Bible and had come to personal faith in the Lord. But then I heard this woman and she kind of woke me up if you know what I mean. She splashed some cold water (or was it battery acid?) on my face and I got thinking that perhaps the righteousness and compassion and concern and tolerance and their default for diversity might just be the clever use of language that con men and con women (one must be inclusive don't you know) use and that perhaps the Left isn't really the agenda of Love and Brotherhood and No Place for Hate. Perhaps we have been tricked. Perhaps it might even be the opposite. For I had to ask myself: If one thinks what this woman thinks about babies who never did anyone any hurt (interesting that this is comedy nowadays and should make us laugh) then I guess I will have to rethink this party of Marx and Lenin and Hussein Obama again. I will have to wonder why the Left should not apply their own "No place for hate" signs to themselves and their comedians where they might do the most good. Maybe then we will eventually get comedy that we will be able to laugh at with a good Catholic conscience. But until then I think I will keep my laughter for other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home