Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Running for Office

I am thinking of running for office. I know that these days to do so you have to come up with an energy plan. But since A.O.C. and Ed Markie came up with the Green New Deal or the New Green Deal or the Deal New Green....whatever it is...I am at a loss. I had been thinking of such a deal myself, but being an environmentalist as I am, I'm concerned about the windmills because they not only litter the landscape with sterile steel that is quite inorganic, but also kill high flying birds like hawks and seagulls and ospreys; and starlings in their great migrations will get massacred. The courts no doubt will under the GND have to deal with many mass murder lawsuits of migrant birds. And I'm concerned about hydro-electric because I'm on the side of salmon. Imagine, just imagine you swim all that way upstream from the ocean to your birthplace, jumping up endless falls, slithering up over sharp rocks to, in the end, find yourself facing the immoral wall of a dam! How does one justify that? So when it comes down to it all that is left is the sun. Maybe I will run my political platform on sun energy. Until we discover the well hidden secret of photosynthesis and find out how we can tattoo photosynthetic cells onto our skin I think we should just rid ourselves of all else. Live the ascetic life. Turn any heat off. Stop burning wood. Stop filling up with gas. No TV. Nothing you need to plug in. And until we build a bridge of solar panels across the Atlantic and Pacific we will have to resist any inclination for Paris, London, Tokyo or Shanghai. In the meantime, no more computer. Thus I am typing extra fast so that I can shut down this library computer and try and convince my liberal librarian that she should shut down the library until further notice. Perhaps until sufficient solar panels can be produced by the energy from solar panels and once that is done, and only then, should she with such a climate conscience open the library doors. I think I stand a good chance with such a platform of environmental ethos to make a good showing in the primary. Move over A.O.C. You just aren't radical enough. When it comes to saving our planet from it's twelve year death I am ready to be really the radical that should be listened to by the electorate. Of course a fringe benefit will be the elimination of the immigrant crisis. I see the caravans moving south. South from the north down through Mexico into Guatemala and Ecuador where we can expect some warmer weather and won't be so desperate for solar panels. I even suspect that A.O.C. herself might be tagging along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home