Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Twelve Years

The very cognitive congresswoman says that the world will end in twelve years. I imagine she is right. Yes, I can already imagine Ecuadorian heat that hasn't leaked out of the ozone holes (yesterday's very real fear) melting Arctic ice caps. I can sense impending doom about to descend. Yes, twelve years. That seems to take the pressure off. It really settles down one's avarice and ambition, doesn't it? No need to worry. Twelve years. Perhaps if we all do our part we can extend the world for a few more years. As for me, I will do what I can, Miss Cortez. I will get my carburetors adjusted, I will push to plug all Texas republican oil wells, I will halt any delivery of any of the fascist fossilized fuels, I will even terminate my Russian colluded thermostats, I will support a Carbon tax, Nitrogen tax, Sulfur tax and Oxygen tax. I will push for winter bicycle riding, skate boarding, scooters over heat-seated Lexus SUVs. I will continue to push for the non-use not just of House Speakers but anyone's use of airplanes. Greyhound buses have a much smaller carbon footprint. Perhaps Miss Cortez would even consider running among the stellar candidates on the Democratic side---though considering the twelve year window she better make it soon. Why advocate her running? simple: she seems to be the one that has the proper progressive push for hope and change that will fundamentally transform America. Can you imagine how good it will be to have safe zones where one doesn't have to worry about Putin and Trump sharing state secrets, where borders will be open for all, immoral walls would be razed wherever they exist, immoral guns and immoral MEGA hats would be confiscated. It is really about time we have someone bold enough to stand up to the toxic tea party bullies and wipe the Covington smiles off all actually believing Catholic faces (we don't mind the non-believing ones), that the only drug that would be considered criminal would be the opiate of religion; and of course finally someone so brilliant in economical ethics to redistribute the rich into the poor and the poor into the rich. But most especially, I do not doubt that the Messianic Carbon tax will usher in an ecology where the polar bear will at last lie down with the fur seal. The genderless and classless utopia will indeed be wonderful. It's just too bad that we will only have twelve years to enjoy our Starbuck frappuccino with our new organic wooden straws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home