Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Columbo Angst Once Again

I must be a conspiracy theorist. I don't know. Sometimes I just have this Columbo angst. I feel like I have to ask a question just to settle my mind. First it was Russian Collusion. Then it was the Kavanaugh hearings with Miss Blaisey Ford testifying with her "little voice" how she wanted a cup of coffee to make her more comfortable before she gathered up her courage to testify thirty years after the of Bret's lechery. And then what testifying! Wow. Quite a Tony Award performance. Then the drama ends and no reruns! Again my Columbo angst wants to ask, Why? I mean why would she suddenly let such injustice go? And then all the other ME TOO victims that came forth like ants to a drop of pure high fructose corn syrup aren't heard from anymore.
Next we leave the Judicial branch back to the Executive. Russian Collusion morphs into a charge of obstruction of justice. Then it changes venues. Russia becomes Ukraine. Vladamir Putin becomes Volodymyr Zelenskyy. Then a bit of Latin comes into American parlance. Well it was there already but let us say now it was ubi-quit-ous. Quid pro quo becomes something of an overnight sensation, a celebrity as phrases go. And something that is quite novel. Something that no one remembers ever happening in the pure field of politics. As I remember I think the definition in Webster's is something like: when you as a school accept money from the state you must teach transgenderism; Or, if you are a religious organization like Catholic Charities and receive state aid you must allow same sex couples adopt your kids. Or if you are Roman Catholic nuns you must in order to get your health insurance you must accept contraception, abortion and other necessary women's health care into the bargain. Yup, quid pro quo. Somehow it seems not too rare an event as I was led to believe. But fame is fickle and I'm afraid quid pro quo has already outlasted its usefulness. Now it seems to be that the president's son, Barron, has become the new issue. Why his name! It surely is a giveaway to a Trumpian dynasty of reversing the American revolution and setting back up a kind of English monarchy. We can only just hope. I wouldn't mind that a bit, actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home