Thursday, September 26, 2019

An Idea for the Rising Ocean

I'm still on this climate change groove I'm afraid. After all with only twelve years or less now before, in Greta's words,"the mass extinction" will occur I thought I better get this thought I had out there before it's too late. I truly hope some policy makers from the UN will see this idea---for I know they, like Mr. Obama who recently purchase a small seaside palace on the Vineyard, will wish to keep their waterfront wigwams unmolested by the rising tides. This idea will assuage our anxieties about such climate catastrophe and provide some well deserved justice for the criminalized climate.
Well, without further adieu here is my thought. It was provoked by the harbor I live by that has quite a number of boats bobbing about. I got to thinking: boats displace water don't they? Why they all do: rowboats all the way up to cruise ship. There must be thousands, tens of thousands, perhaps even hundreds of thousands of them that are, each one, displacing water and thereby increasing water depths. Well what if boats were all pulled out of the water and stored on land? And we wouldn't even need to stop with boats. What of Swimmers? Think of the millions of people who populate the beaches. Consider how much water they displace on a hot Acapulco day! So one could easily beseech the UN, our new magisterium, our new sovereign our new legislator to make a law prohibiting entering any body of water, no matter the rising Fahrenheit and centigrade. Simply no people allowed in. And if this wasn't enough we could get rid of the whales---how much do they raise the levels of the ocean?---this of course would be a little trickier because we want to save the whales on our bumper stickers. But I think having the climate apocalypse being so taught in the schools as it is that any creature's right to the oceans and rivers will be overridden by the trustworthy predictions of all this settled science. And in the end perhaps there would be no need for ships and boats or planes---the levels would so shrink that eventually we could simply walk the Atlantic all the way to the Azores if we want to---provided of course that we get a certificate of permission and pay the surcharge. I hope those that have access to Greta can let her know my plan and she can orate it with her masterly inflections of voice to get such an idea across to our global trustees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home