Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Impeachment Hearings and My Faith Failing

Now first forgive me for a little, just a tad, a smidgen, a slightest and thinnest of faith in the folks testifying at the impeachment hearings. Part of it I think is I just can't keep clear whether it's collusion with Russia or a quid pro quo with Ukraine or an intimidation of the Ukranian ambassadress (if she is so intimidated she certainly has a different skin gene makeup from her nemesis, her former employer)...So much to keep up with! I wouldn't, in my incurable skepticism, be surprised if one of the new whistleblowers will be Christine Blasey Ford (of Judge Kavanaugh fame). Her stellar acting was certainly worthy at least of an off Broadway play. What first reminded me of Miss Ford was I found that Ambassadress Yovanovitch had that same little voice in her answering the questions at the hearing. Thus Blasey was brought to my mind and I can't see that the Most Gratuitous Gavel, Mr. Adam Shift as Director of this theatrical masterpiece, would not make use of such an actress who could really sway the audience with a tear or a righteous smirk at will. She would certainly be an indispensable Hepburn by which the play would jump to Broadway and play for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home