Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Whatever Happened to the Climate Change Crisis?

It strikes me as quite strange this silence about the previous crisis that should've got us huddling in the corner of our homes, making sure that we were not living in ocean front property with the dangerous rising of the oceans, melting of the ice caps, and the distress of the dog paddling polar bears. Yes, global warming is not talked about these days of the Wuhan Flu. I am quite concerned that we are neglecting the impending doom of the global disaster that comes from our inordinate Carbon Footprint. And another thing bothers me as well... the addition of new nomenclature: I am going broke ordering new dictionaries every month! Think of all the new terms, phrases: "Carbon Footpring" (already cited), the Fascism of Fossil Fuels",---and from our present crisis: "Mitigation" (I have grown so tired of this word), Cvd-19 (the vowels are artificially added to "Corona Virus Disease 1999), "Social Distanoing", "the mania for masks", "Six foot spacing", etc. As soon as you get a dicitionary it becomes obsolete! My bookcases are being burdened with dictionaries for the newest fangle of diseases! I need linguistic rescuing before I drown in all these latest lexicons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home