Monday, February 22, 2016

Washington's (who's he?) Birthday

Washington's birthday today. Already forgotten. Of course he's a dead European white male. And may I add 'Christian' to the mix? Thus we must celebrate the much more inclusive unoffensive comprehensive egalitarian 'presidents' day. I would like also to advocate for Senator's day and Congress-person's day. But isn't that even a little too elitist? Perhaps we should have a holiday called: 'People's day'? Or even that might be a little too exclusive---think of all the species it leaves out...Then, 'Living things day' ...wait: let's not leave unbreathing things out: perhaps; 'Organic and Inorganic Things day?' That works for me. Can't have any actual heroes that I have to look up to. Everyone equal. That will be the way I think about today. I like to be inclusive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home