Wednesday, May 9, 2018

For a Friend who just Passed Away

For Barbara Reilly-miller.  Though I never met you in person, Barbara, your posts even in the midst of your suffering displayed the serenity and the deep trust you had in the Savior. You displayed it seems to me what our Lord meant when he said to bear our crosses. You did this with a heroic cheerfulness. Had I not been a Christian your gentle and quiet spirit would have convinced me that Christ is truly the antidote to the poisoned platitudes we are so often fed. Had I not been a Christian I would have sought the Source of your sustaining smile that seemed expressed in every sentence of your almost daily posts. But I do know from whence it comes. Certainly not of this world. It comes from another deeper and more abiding Source, One to whom you conformed your own spirit. I thank you for your friendship, all too short, but I trust that you will be at this very moment experiencing friendships that will not fade; and especially the friendship of the Friend that made friendship in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home