Saturday, May 12, 2018

Three Yelps and a Howl

An unusual noise in the middle of the night at least for Old Town woke me and particularly agitated my usually unagitatible cat. Dogs don't faze him. But this noise that seemed not even a stone's throw from my window got to him. It rose his back. Even a pat on the head didn't alleviate the angst this alien sound caused in his spirit. No, not alien if one was deep inside a midnight wood but for here...well it was rather eerie. Three sharp yelps and a howl seemed to announce a kill. I was glad my cat was in. I've heard from friends near the woods that there have been sightings. And I've seen the remaining carcasses of unfortunate beasts that have been in his path. My cat may have to rethink his midnight wanderings and perhaps save his wanderings for the daytime ---at least for the time that the rabbit population isn't seeming to satisfy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home