Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Reparations Extended

With all that is said about reparations I guess I am beginning in my cold-hearted bigoted guilt-ridden hardened uncompassionate undiverse and intolerant confederate heart to see the light---I of course don't mean anything like religious light. Anything like the light spoken of by one of the ALL MALE disciples that without any thought of DIVERSITY wrote the entire New Testament. I am not talking about that light. I am talking about the really enlightened light of the modern progressive tolerant compassionate social justice environmental justice climate justice folk descended from the true Enlightenment. Anyhow I wish to take this reparation thing a little further. I don't think it goes far enough. Shouldn't we say whales come under reparation? I think it was a Leftist breakthrough for me. I mean think of the horrid whaling industry (I just have been reading Moby Dick and came under the Homo sapien guilt of all that unconscionable harvesting of whales. Although I suppose the great WHITE whale doesn't count individually because White Privilege I expect even extends to the cetus species)---certainly these put upon creatures should be able to claim reparations; and of course how could we limit it to whales? Why, think of all the various creatures outside of Homo sapiens that really deserve reparations for being unequally treated. Perhaps the democratic hopefuls (and again no religious connotations to 'hopeful') will latch onto this claiming they had submitted to Homo sapien privilege. Of course you see how this opens up the victimhood for canines and cats and slugs and so many more. I could see it applying as well to bluebottle flies, termites, and dog-ticks. So many more that space here doesn't allow me to mention. And that isn't even considering the flora! Why, trees! Think of the merciless Homo sapien privilege in cutting down all these trees for paper, houses, books... And as to cats. I have one so that tonight when I go home I will begin my secular repentance and feed my cat some ribeye steak, along with a nice salad, maybe a lobster... But wait a minute---am I not creating more victims? The steer, the broccoli, the lobster---ah, even more reparations it seem will be in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home