Friday, May 18, 2018

The President's Term for the MS-13 Choirboys

I must respond to all the typical favorable press our President continually receives from the Pravda of our our media especially regarding our President's most recent unbelievable, unconscionable, unforgivable, uncharitable, intolerant, use of the term 'animals' in reference to the MS-13 choir boys. Of course I am grateful too for the compassionate catechesis of Reverend Nancy Pelosi concerning Catholic teaching about the divine spark in all human beings, excepting of course the invading immigrants of cells gathering together to form in a woman's womb. They of course aren't human and it would be okay to call them 'animals'. Wait. There are 'save the whale' campaigns and concern for eagle eggs so that I am not so sure 'animal' is even such a bad term. Anyhow, even allowing for the invading immigrant cells to someday become miraculously a product of a wanted pregnancy---we know the unwanted ones don't count for the divine spark---according to Reverend Nancy's catechesis. I must confess much confusion as I have admittedly been lazy in my bible study and seemed to miss God's indulgence for such things as MS-13 choirboys practice. I am also quite disconcerted in what little I know of the Bible which Nancy seems to exegete quite expertly that our Lord himself in some of his reference to the pharisees didn't seem to exercise twenty-first century compassion when he likened his fellow men to a 'brood of vipers'. This unnerves me as it should anyone who knows that our Lord is principally a nice guy. After all 'vipers' seems to my uneducated ear quite a bit lower on the scale as 'animals'. And then again I read such things as 'white washed sepulchers' which is even lower on the scale of offensive language. I mean 'white washed sepulchers' aren't even alive, and are even more so 'full of dead men's bones' which even adds greater insult. Then there is also our Lord who refers to Herod as 'that fox'. All this to say, I hope the new tolerant translators of the bible will delete these particular offensive remarks and replace them with much kinder compassionate categories until we can read the Bible as a book of niceties. And perhaps our President can become more nice, like all the rest of us obviously are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home