Saturday, March 9, 2019

International Woman's Day?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of women (not all women by the way) I do not celebrate International Woman's Day for the same reason I would not celebrate International Man's Day (if there was one) because it is a meaningless Marxism and parallel to International Workers Day. So may I ask which women are we celebrating? Margaret Sanger, Simone de Beauvoir, Ilhan Omar, Gloria Steinham, Hilary Clinton, Mother Teresa, or the Blessed Virgin? Isn't it then as meaningless as celebrating International People's Day or to even go more inclusive, International Living Organism Day? I could more readily celebrate a particular Lion or Lioness than I could the whole of the Malaria bacterium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home