Monday, May 21, 2018

The Wedding and the Honeymoon

Though I didn't watch the Wedding I thought I'd skim an article about it (since it seems such big news). I came upon this quote:
"If you noticed Prince Harry constantly taking Markle’s hand and rubbing it in his, James explained it’s because the couple are still in the honeymoon phase of their relationship."
I guess this was a wedding right? And doesn't the honeymoon come after the wedding in your typical chronology of relationship? So they are still in their honeymoon phase even before the wedding, the taking of the vows which make them man and wife?
I guess I'm incurably old fashioned but I must say that I like the world much better when the honeymoon came after the wedding; and I do think it was better for marriages. I think it is a sad commentary on the current state of such modern matrimony when the writer seems surprised (why else would he highlight i?) that such affection as hand rubbing is in effect, even before the actual official pronouncement of the union.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home